WindRiver Investments LLC headed by Knoxville native Joe Ayers purchased the old Rarity Pointe in 2012. They changed the name to WindRiver filled the sails with optimism, dedication, forethought, commitment and enthusiasm and haven’t looked back.
WindRiver's Championship Golf Course
WindRiver is a 687-acre master-planned community with at least 200 lakefront sites. Jack Nicklaus protégé Bob Cupp designed the 18-hole championship golf course – the first Audubon-certified championship course in Tennessee and one of the most scenic in the region.
- Marina offering covered or uncovered slips of 30-90 feet plus power and water at the dock.
- Sports and Wellness Club offering canoes, kayaks and paddleboards plus swimming pool, fitness center, lighted tennis courts, swimming pool, spa, sun deck & hot tub, steam room and more.
- Lakeside Inn providing first-class accommodations for visitors and/or guests.
- Award-winning chef Robert Allen and his staff provide an outstanding dining experience at Citico’s Restaurant & Club.
- WindRiver is adjacent to the 30-mile East Lakeshore Trail System and residents and/or guests can access the Trail from established walking trails on the property.
- Another amenity in progress is Brightwater Park. The six-acre park will provide walking trails, an event lawn, pavilion, fire pits, warming kitchen and more.
English Country Architecture in East Tennessee
English Country Architecture abounds and is encouraged at WindRiver. The new Highlands community adjacent to the WindRiver Sports Club offers 32 single-family residences in the English Country style. These open spacious designs dovetail nicely with the green spaces incorporated into the community.
The attention to detail at WindRiver and the way the amenities blend with the East Tennessee lifestyle make it apparent that the developer is a native with a deep understanding of the region. WindRiver is probably one of the most “East Tennessee” master-planned communities in East Tennessee.